We are committed to safeguarding your personal data and we recognize the responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data under the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that all personal data held by us is accurate and in proper use. Failure to supply relevant personal data may result in a potential challenge in providing full service, including supplying products on order and maintenance in member account.
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our Social Media marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.
Collection of Personal Data
In order for you to enjoy our products and services, you may be requested to provide personal data when you visit our websites, social media platforms and correspondences by means of telephone or email, such as but not limited to:
- when you shop online and place orders;
- when you conduct gift redemption or place requests for shopping voucher;
- when you subscribe/unsubscribe to our marketing updates/ e-newsletters/ newsletters;
- when you apply for the membership;
- when you participate in our promotions and events;
- when you use social media to post information and share activities;
- when you participate in our surveys or questionnaires;
- when you submit any comments or feedback to us; and/or
- when you are required to verify your identity on our websites and online platforms.
The personal data that you may be requested to provide us includes, but are not limited to, your title, name, gender, phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday information, nationality, shopping habits and preferences and other personal data.
It is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of personal data accurately (as specified at the time of collection). Refusal to provide any personal data marked as mandatory may render us unable to handle any membership application or request you are making, and we reserve the right to provide our products or services, including but not limited to refusing your membership application.
Any information we collect from our websites and online platforms will be used for internal use only, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
All requested data from payment you make will be securely encrypted and transmitted directly to the credit-processing bank for payment authorization. We assure that we will not extract any significant credit card information.
All Personal Data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis.
Usage of your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the provision of sales, membership rewards, promotion, shopping vouchers and services under any programs or events by us/ our service providers
- for handling your membership application, maintaining and managing your membership account;
- for forming part of a customer data base necessary for us to communicate with you through email, mail, telephone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for processing your instructions, responding to your enquiry or providing customer service to you;
- for matching your personal data and the information you provided to us via other means; and/or
- for performing investigation, research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing purpose;
- for use of the online services available on our website including but not limited to online shopping and participate in events and promotions;
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which My Mart HK or other class of data recipient are subject.
Browsing information collected from you (Cookies)
The types of data we may collect from you when you visit us include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address; and
- the hyperlinks you have clicked;
You may refuse to accept Cookies (by amending the relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to optimise all of the functions and services on our website.
Confidentiality & Security
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your personal data.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third-party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and peruse the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.